# of Carbs to # of Blood Sugar units ratio
I know it's common knowledge that the default insulin to carb ratio is 1 unit insulin to 12-15 carbs.

But .... and the answer may be staring me straight in the face .... how many carbs does it take to raise 1 unit of blood glucose (roughly)?

I mean - say my glucose is 70.  I want it around 85 or 90 because I'm afraid of a low.  How much carbs would you need to take in to make it up into that range without overshooting?

I know there's all kinds of factors with blood sugar (emotional, etc.) that bounces it around like a ball .... was just looking for a rough formula.
Tony,
The ratio is different for everyone and can be different for the same person at different times of the day.  I suggest that you contact your doctor or diabetes educator, they can properly adjust your insulin or your ratios to get your numbers where you want them to be.  I can tell you from my experience with my daughter who is 8 1/2; she has 8 different carb ratios depending on the time of day and if she has physical education that day.   Yes this does make life interesting. I must always know what the school schedule is or she can get very low or way too high.   On the average 1 carb usually raises the blood sugar 3-5 mg/dml. but as I said this before this is different for everyone.

Hope this helps.