Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Collagen disorder a complication of JD?

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Collagen disorder a complication of JD?

I have been chronically injured several times - almost the entire time I've been a juvenile diabetic I have been in pain from a major injury.  After second major injury - a dislocation of shoulder involving 3 years of intense physical therapy and disability - I returned to working full-time and found that an unsightly disfigurement of palms of hands was developing that is caused by abnormal collagen regulation and associated with chroinic injury and diabetes.  Does anyone have any information about Dupuytren's or collagen disorders -- how it is connected with diabetes or how to counteract the collagen disorder?  I also have a problem with a contiguous head injury where collagen/cartilege has disappeared at the injury site (sinus opening) and mouth.  This is not considered Dupuytren's but obviously is related don't you think?  Can anyone share info or resources?  
  • Foot injury (1 replies):
    I tripped on a metal toy about 3 weeks ago and it is hea...[more]
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet