Diabetes - Type 1 Community
Help with insurance premiums

A community of people with Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Help with insurance premiums

I had a kidney transplant three years ago.  I am now losing all health insurance coverage.  I do not qualify for any government assistance because of assets which cannot be sold but can't afford the insurance premiums.  I need direction on how to find either low cost insurance or help with paying the premums.  Any suggestions?
Avatar n tn
Hi Bananahead!  I'd like to have you read my answer posted on 8/19 to Lucca's Mom as I want to suggest that you do the same in contacting www.jdrf.org and posting your question there.  The answer depends on which state you live in (if in the US) and what programs are available that you would qualify for.  I am confident that if you have a local JDRF office, there would be someone there who would be able to assist you in some way in helping you find a solution to your problem.  Best of luck to you.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet