I need help! Struggle diabetic
I've been diabetic since I was 9 years old. I used to have great control of it as I was younger but now I'm 21 and I dont have control of it at all. I never check my blood sugars and base it off how I'm feeling (Dangerous I know) I eat unhealthy, and just don't seem to care much. I'm on Apidra and Basaglar. Overall I'm pretty skinny, but I have a large stomach. I look almost 5-6 months pregnant. How can I get rid of this? (I even stopped doing my shots in my stomach.) and how can I find more motivation to actually care to take care of myself?! Also I am on medi-cal and wondered how I can get a pump? I've had one befor and loved it.
Thank you !
Hon,
Having diabetes is tough.  

Can you reach out to get some support, to help you get back on track?  There are online communities, as well as face to face groups.

You'll be feeling bad because your diabetes is out of control and this will make you feel even less like taking care of yourself.

I could also suggest looking into low carb / ketogenic eating, which may help make managing your diabetes a bit easier (less swings, more stable blood sugar).

please take this 1 day at a time.

Please come back and talk to us.