Diabetes - Type 1 Community
No Delivery Message on MiniMed Pump

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

No Delivery Message on MiniMed Pump

I have been diabetic for 25 years.  I have been on an insulin pump for 11 years (not the same one though).  In December of 2006 my Paradigm MiniMed pump started giving me "No Delivery" messages.  I changed everything almost 10 times a day.  I called MiniMed and they begrudgingly sent me a "new" pump (which I found out was refurbished).  I had no problem for 3 months and now, it is starting the "No Delivery" messages.  When I disconnect from my insertion site and try to give a bolus, nothing will come out at the end of the tube.  That's how I know it's not my insertion site. I called MiniMed and they have sent me new tubing, needles, and reservoirs.  Nothing is working.  Could I have gotten another faulty pump?  Sometimes it says that it's been giving me insulin, but when I disconnect and check the tubing, nothing is coming out yet it shows that it's giving a bolus just fine.  I am very very frustrated (especially when my blood sugars are in the 300s for days at a time).  Any advice?  Should I just buy a new pump...maybe Diesetronic?  I am so frustrated.  I just don't know what to do.  I've never had this many problems.  I had the pump 2 years before it started doing this.
Hello, JMendl,
We're all volunteers here and not medical professionals, so be sure to work with your pump trainer and/or endo on this topic, too.

It happens that I'm also a pumper and a long-time diabetic.  I don't have a Minimed pump, but I had a similar experience with my Cozmo -- where nothing seemed to work well.  In that case, I contacted their 24*7 tech support line (I'm sure MM has the same type of service) and worked thru all the trouble-shooting with them to rule out user-error, etc.  I recommend that you contact them again again again -- until you get the issue resolved.  

Your 'test' where no insulin comes out even when disconnected should be proof-positive that something is amiss.  Do you have a local pump trainer or Certified Diabetes Educator who can work with you in person to see what's what?  

I learned the hard way that we need to have a 'low tech' backup on hand at all times.  That means syringes & insulin in my pump pouch.  Since high BGs can interfere with one's ability to reason thru complex problem-solving and interfere with our ability to be patient and keep steady emotions, you might ask your doc/CDE for guidelines on taking a shot (of rapid-acting and/or longer acting) insulin while you're working thru the issues.

Good luck with this.  Perhaps others will have ideas, too.
I have been on the Minimed pump for 8 years. The reason for the no delivery message is when your resovoir has not enough insulin in it.
I have this problem right now.. and I had it a while ago... my manufacturer sent me different infusion sets... switch to a short needle and Sure T infusion sets... i had quick set, tried shiloet, they don't work on me at all.. Sure T usually does and some times fails.... lately i lost TWO pounds five days of wanted to kill someone.. my pump still isn't working... I am trying to gain weight... ONLY my lower ab works.. all other sites never have on me *shrugs* I wish the companys would have a not for althletic, healthy, or skinny person warning... I am only five pounds from being over wieght... I stay right on the line... lose ANY WEIGHT NO DELIVERY... so right now I am upset and trying to gain weight