Pharmacy supplies
Due to our insurance company copays, we are spending more per month on diabetic supplies than we can afford.  Is there a pharmacy that will accept what the insurance company pays and not require the copay?  I know such things exist for Type 2 on Medicaid, but  what about for type 1?  Thanks!  Momez
I am would suggest that you see if you can qualify for Medicaid, or if your county or state have programs to help.  I know that NY has several county run programs that help pay for diabetic supplies.  I would suggest contacting your department of social services, and see what you might qualify for.

You might also contact the manufacturer of the medications and explain the situation; some pharmaceutical companies have assistance programs for those who cannot afford their medications.

I hope this helps. Good luck
Also some insurance companies have mail order which you might investigate.  Some times you can get 3 months medications for the price of 2 months co-payments.  On my mother-in-laws insurance her generics are free on mail order.  Also go on the websites of the manufactures, sometimes they have coupons for a % off your bill.  When I joint the avandia program I got a couple months free avandia, plus they send coupons at times.  Also ask your md for samples.  I use to work at a doctors office and we got enough samples to open a pharmacy.  Another thing, if your job offers a flexible spending account, I find that is nice as well.  it reduces your taxes and you can contribute up to 3000 a year to them.  good luck.