Rx Help
My maryland RX Assistance wxpired 31 March due to a mailing snafu and I have been told it will take up to 30 days to renew (more like 45-60 by time the mail turnaround takes place) and i did not find out until I attempted to refill a Rx.  does anyone know where i may be able to go to get help with a refill for Novolog Flexpens?  these are the regular, not the 70/30mix
Hi there,
If you normally get your Rx from the same pharmacy, I would ask to talk with the senior pharmacist or manager at that location and ask if they would be willing to deeply discount your Rx for this interim period.  Sometimes, they have a bit of flexibility and are willing to accommodate a regular customer who's in a bind.

Also check to find a local chapter/branch of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and give them a call.  They might have access to resources that can help you thru the transition.  Visit the JDRF website (www.jdrf.org) and navigate to CHAPTERS to snoop around.
Your endo. should have free samples.  I know mine does and when i had complications with my pregnancy and could not afford insulin, he gave me some.  He or she may be able to get you past that "hump" until you get your assistance back.  Good Luck!!!!