Sweet smelling night sweat
My husband has been consistantly waking up in the morning having sweated during the night, however the biggest problem is that the sweat smells sweet. Is this a sign of diabetes?
Honestly I don't know-but what I do know is that if you suspect diabetes you should make sure he goes to the doctor and gets some bloodwork done.  Some symptoms of diabetes are frequent urination, feeling lethargic, mood changes, weight loss, feeling very thirsty and nothing quenching the thirst.  Often their is a sort of fruity smelling breath.  Maybe he has some sort of hormonal issues going on because of the sweating.  Maybe having his thyroid tested too would be a good idea.
When a person gets hypoglycemic, they often sweat profusely, and if the sugar drops extremely low, there is sometimes a sort of coppery smell to the sweat. I don't know if this is the same as what you are describing, but it may not hurt to have a glucose tolerance test done rather than just a fasting glucose test so he can find out if his sugar drops too low when he eats. This could be happening if he eats large evening meals and then reacts by overproducing insulin.
I have noticed over the past two weeks since joining the gym that my skin on the left side of my chest, lower back and stomach  is sore to the touch even my shirt rubbing my shin is uncomfortable. There is no redness or bruseing, my skin just hurts kind of like a sun burn but no sign of burn. What could this be?