Diabetes - Type 1 Community
The sticky ring left after you change your site/set!

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Has anynone found a good and easy way to remove the sticky "stuff" that is left behind sometimes after changing your insulin pump site/set.

I know you can use rubbing alcohol, but that is sometimes really harsh on your skin and can dry your skin out!!!

HELP!! Please let me know if anyone has discovered an easier solution to removing the left over sticky stuff!
Pumpgirl03
Folks on the internet seem to suggest using baby oil or petroleum jelly to help remove the sticky residue left from the old pump site. Baby oil would certainly be good for dry skin and petroleum jelly for perhaps less dry areas. Try either one or both and let us know what you think!
I'm one who uses the baby oil technique on a cotton ball.  It still takes some rubbing, but I like the results.

If I'm going to insert my new set close to the one I'm taking off, I have to be sure I get all the oil off, too!  Otherwise the new set won't stick so well.

Mostly, I use the technique of leaving my old set in at least for a few hours after inserting the new set.  That way, if I have a problem I have a temp. backup available.  With this technique, I remove the goo several hours later when I remove the set.
Thanks a lot...I have to change my site tomorrow.
Pumpgirl03
WE USE A PRODUCT CALLED UNUN-I -SOLVE.  YOU CAN GET IT FROM THE PUMP COMPANY OR THE PHARMANCY.  IT REMOVES THE STICKY STUFF AND CONDITIONS THE SKIN.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUB HARD.  MY DAUGHTER ALSO TAKES A BATH OR A SHOWER OR SOAKS THE OLD SITE WITH A WASH CLOTH TO LOOSEN IT ANDIT COMES OFF MUCH EASIER THAT WAY.  

HOPE HIS HELPS.
Thanks for that product tip!  I'm going to look for it.