Diabetes - Type 1 Community
What do you think that I am experiencing?

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Hi there.  I'm 47 years old.  In the past 2 months, I have been experiencing a lot of different things that have scared the hell out of me.  I ended up in the ER last week because of some of what was going on.  Here are some of the things that have been happening.  Light headedness, dizzy, shaky, sweating, cannot comprehend what I am doing when all of this happens.  Irritable stages.  Vomiting after eating if I'm really hungry and wait to long to eat.  One night I was sitting in my recliner working on the laptop and the entire room spun upside down and sat me back down where I was!  All I could do was scream out.  Scared me to death.  I have recently started eating a piece of cheese and drinking apple juice or something when I start feeling strange.  I am going to a new Dr. tomorrow to meet him and he will most likely send me for a fasting blood test as when I went to the ER, they did all the test including a cat scan and found nothing wrong.  My biolocial mother died at the age of 43 due to a diabetic coma.  M head also feels like I'm in a fog when all of this happens and my vision is blurred somewhat and the room looks foggy!!!!
I found out today at the Dr. that I am Reactive hypoglycemic.  He told me quite a bit about it and how to handle it each day when things start to happen!  Recheck in 2 weeks and see how my sugar levels have been each day when things start each day at my lowest point.