Diabetes - Type 1 Community
What kind of grapes raise you blood sugars

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

I am pregnant and have had diabetes for 16 years. My doctor told me that there is a kind of grapes that raise your blood sugars.  He said it was either green or red. Have any of you heard this or have you had a problem with either raising you blood sugars.  Since I am pregnant i dont want to take a chance of my blood sugar going sky high. So I need to know what kind I can eat.
Hi!!  Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Both red and green grapes raise your blood sugars, each and every grape has about about the same amounts of carbs in them, according to Calorie King:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=grapes&showresults=yes

Grapes have many good benefits, so don't cut them out of your diet just because of the carbs.  During a pregancy you should be able to eat as you would before, but you should be testing more often and correcting more often, in order to get as tight of control as possible.  Accurate carb counting and increased testing are essentials for you.  Good luck!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
mishymoshymarcy commented on need a title -
1 hr ago
AnnieBrooke commented on need a title -
1 hr ago
need a title -
2 hrs ago by Nighthawk61