an unaware child :(
I have a little girl that is 9 years in my school. She has had diabetes her entire life. We have had issues all year long with her sugars be sky high (430's) to rock bottom low (18 being an all time low). Her most functional level is 250 which from what I have read is way to high. She also gets angry when she can't have extra foods, steals food from her sister and friends, and eats with out checking her insulin levels and has no idea why that is a bad idea. My question is what is the best way to show her that checking her sugars is what she HAS to do and what can we do to get her diet under control? Any advice would be great!
I am a teacher and I don't know that it is your place to educate her about her diabetes.  Have the nurse talk to her and call her home.  If the parents are not treating her diabetes, then it's time to get the authorities (CPS) involved.  This child needs to be educated by a health professional if the parents are not doing it.