ketones/sugar??
Hello. I have pretty much all of the symptoms of diabetes, and I was wondering, what do ketones in your urine look like? Don't ask why, but I looked in my urine three times, pretty closely, and i saw what looked like sugar in it. Is this a problem?? and if so, how would I ask my mom to go to the doctors??
To my knowledge Ketones are not visible.  You need a test strip to see if you have them.  They can be obtained at the pharmacy and I believe that you can get them without a prescription.
Hello.  I'm not a medical professional, just the parent of a kid with diabetes.  Ketones are small molecules, not visible to the naked eye.  However, you may be seeing other associated symptoms, if you truly do have diabetes, including very foamy urine, which is a sign of excess protein.  
Please go to your mom tell her what you think and go to the dr.  You do not want to end up passed out and in the hospital.  Catch it early and it will be easier to handle.  I am not a medical professional but a I have a daughter with diabetes.. We caught hers early before she went into a coma.  And she has done well with it.
Testing for it is simple and quick. I agree that you should have your mom call your doctor to get the lab tests done. Better to know early if it is happening.
I got blood tests done...i haven't gotten the results back yet, but I looked at the sheet before I gave it to the lady who took my blood, and they aren't doing any diabetes tests!
Should I reccomend it if none of the tests are positive?
I would ask the doctor if they did any blood glucose tests. By looking at the lab papers, you may not know if they did this, for the paperwork would be in very technical language. If they did NOT do blood glucose tests, and if you do have abnormal thirst and fatigue, by all means specifically ask them to do a blood glucose test. Everything else can indeed be very normal but blood glucose levels be high, so if the other tests are normal it doesn't mean that you necessarily are not a diabetic.

I hope, though, that one of the tests that was run did get a glucose number for you. I wish you the very best.