Diabetes - Type 1 Community
leading health life?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

leading health life?

I recently came to know that one of my friend has been living with diabetes since birth. His age now is 27y. He is on regular treatment and very healthy and athletic. Can he lead a normal life like everyone? What are the chances that he may develop other complications inspite of his regular treatment? What are the precautions he needs to take so that it dosen't hamper his day to day activities?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
250051_tn?1328134730
As long as he sticks to the treatment plan, eat the way he is suppose to and check his blood glucose regularly he should be able to lead a pretty normal life. Alot of people think that diabetes is like a death sentence, but I have been living with diabetes for a few years now and I have not gained any more complications than when I was first diagnosed. I eat regularly and following the advice of my diabetes educator with my meds and regular exercise I am doing great. Good luck to your friend :)
Blank
1738375_tn?1310736535
ur friend has been living wih it so long they know how to take care of them selves,u really dont have to worry and don't treat them any differnt or baby them,i have friends that do that and it gets me so angery at time i know they care and so do you,but if he is taking care of him self u dont need to worry as much
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now