my arents need help with buying their insulin
where do I go , my parents worked their whole life , and in 2010 my mom had a stroke and my dads retirement when for all the hospital bills , now they live from month to month on their ssi, both my parents are diebetic I found out today that they have gone 4 days without their insulin, how can I get them money to help them get their meds every month, I am so sad that I cant help them every month ,but I am a single mom of 2 boys and I work 2 jobs to raise them, PLEASE HELP ME WHAT KIND OF HELP CAN THEY GET. This really is sad that they cant get any help from the state.
Hi there!

I would suggest contacting the social services department in the area to check if they could provide any help in the matter. Also it might be worthwhile taking to their doctor if other modes of medications other can insulin could be used in the case which may be a bit more cost effective.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I noticed you posted in the type 1 forum.  If they are type 1 and have not had insulin for 4 days (6 now) and if they are still alive, you need to get them to the emergency room now!  Type 1's cannot survive without insulin.