normal range
can anyone tell me what a normal blood sugar should be in a 7 year old. we had his sugar tested today at ambulance station that was having an open house and they were **** blood sugar test his was 186 he is 1 pound over weight (nothing I am concerned about) and one paramedic seemed concerned and said they thought normal was 100 and another said that no they are the same as an adult up to 200. he didn't fast for this test. I most likely will call to find out but I was just wondering before I call
thanks in advance
Michelle
i have a 7 year old and they said a normal blood sugar should be 80 to 150. a blood sugar will always be higher after you eat or drink best time to check is first thing in the morning before you eat or drink. my boy is a type 1 diabetic.
I have a 10 year old with Type 1 Diabetes, and I would say that 186 is like over borderline.  Do you remember what he ate around the time he took it?  But anyway I think you should get him tested for Diabetes.  Hope this helps.  His blood sugars should be anywhere from 80-140.  Hope this helps
My DS is 15 now, so his range has been shifted to 70-140.  But when he was 7 (dx'd when he was 6 1/2) it was 80-150.