Diabetes - Type 1 Community
too many symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

too many symptoms

My 22 year old daughter has been to 5 different types of Doctors since January.  Her symptoms are weakness, dizziness, shakes, vomiting, sweats easily.  Since January she has been diagnosed with Vestibular Neuritis, 4 Kidney Stones and Acid Reflux, all of witch can cause these symptoms, however, with the medicine she is still not getting any better.  She vomits about 3 times a week sometimes more, she's dizzy and weak everyday..... everyday....Between all the Doctors they did a MRI. EKG, ULTRASOUND, 2 kinds of BLOODWORK, ENDOSCOPY and she is scheduled for a CAT SCAN tomorrow.  Please remember she is only 22 years young...My baby has been through enough....Even though she has had bloodwork and her blood sugar was 109 they said that was good, however I really feel it has something to do with her blood sugar, what should we do next?  Please
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri Mathews (MOM)
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
648017_tn?1248003024
blood sugar of 109 is within normal limits.  fasting blood sugar of over 120 is indicative of diabetes.  you can ask for a OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) where she will drink so super sugary drink wait 10 hours and they will test her blood sugar.  her symptoms don't match up with diabetes.  the big symptoms are that she is almost thristy, always going to the bathroom, always hungry and eating but losing weight. i hope this helps.
Blank
648017_tn?1248003024
get her tested for lupus.  she's 22 about the time autoimmune diseases hit.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now