1st time I got blood sugar 280 after I took medicine it came down 122 is that good??
I'm walking every day 40 to 50 min and I have control my food as well it helps me to manage??how can I reduce my medicine metformin 500 mg????
Tbd
KeltyKleinExternal User
Read an awesome book called Sugar Nation
Here are some basic steps to control your blood sugar without medication. Whether or not they'll mean you can go off the Metformin will be up to you and your healthcare provider. Good luck!

http://www.medhelp.org/diabetes/articles/10-Ways-to-Sidestep-Diabetes/188?page=1
Hi, metforming 500 mg is a low dose.  You may need to continue this medication (it is an insulin sensitiser) along with low carb diet and exercise.

Non-diabetic blood sugar levels are < 95 for fasting (ideally in the 70 - 90 range) and < 120 post eating.  These should be your targets, and if you can acheive them, then would be the time to look at stopping medications.

The best way to control type 2, which is a problem with hgh insulin / insulin resistance resulting in inability to tolerate carbs is by reducing the amounts of carbs you eat (particularly grains, and starches) and avoiding sugar in all forms (added, and in fruits). Protein has lesser impact on blood sugars even though it does break down to relase some sugar, and healthy fats do not affect blood sugars (healthy fats are naturally occuring unprocessed fats and will include animal fats, cold pressed nut oils, including coconut, olive oil, butter, cream).

Exercise also helps to reduce insulin resistance.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps
Thank you for your kind advise soo appricated...can I eat couliflower chicken mutton beef egg milk or such kind of stuff...I have saw some where that cinnamon is best to reduce blood sugar is that true.....