AC1 level
I was just told today that I was a diabetic 06/17/2009. My AC1 level was 6.4. Not sure what that mean. Could you give me any insight on this level and what a normal level would be? They also gave me a monitor to check my levels in the morning. Could you also give me the levels I should be at, at the time. She gave me a presription called Metforman hcl 500mg. 1x daily. Could this make the sugar go to low?
06/17/2009? - Today is 03/17/2009...typos happen...haha

It looks like your doctor's office dropped the ball by not fully explaining to you about type 2 diabetes. You can learn a lot about it here http://www.diabetes.org/

The key to diabetes is control. This means three things:
1. Proper nutrition; stay away from sugary foods and bad carbs and sugary liquids.
2. Moderate exercise like walking helps lower glucose.
3. Maintain proper/normal weight.

"My AC1 level was 6.4. Not sure what that mean. Could you give me any insight on this level and what a normal level would be?"
This will help explain A1c  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003640.htm
A 6.4% means you're just over the maximum range. Following the three steps above and you will bring this figure down. Is your next A1c scheduled in 3 or 6 months?

"They also gave me a monitor to check my levels in the morning. Could you also give me the levels I should be at, at the time."
Fasting glucose levels should be between 70 and 99 mg/dl. Fasting means no eating or liquids other than water for 8-10 hours. Its unusual for a first time diagnosed diabetic to test only once. Normally its once before breakfast, 2-3 hours after breakfast and repeat for lunch and dinner. You follow this pattern until you understand what foods affect you glucose levels, then its down to once or no testing.

"She gave me a presription called Metforman hcl 500mg. 1x daily. Could this make the sugar go to low?"
Yes, it helps but you still need to watch your nutrition. Read about it here http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a696005.html

Post back if you have further questions.
my ac1 is 6.4  my doctor told me i have diabeties i wass sooo scared i just wanted to kno if diabeties can be reversable like iff my ac1 goes downn can i become  ex diabetic is that possible ANYONE KNOWW HELPP????????????
The key to diabetes is control. If you look above in this post you will see some good suggestions about how to manage your diabetes with diet, exercise, maintaining good weight and if needed oral meds. There is plenty more information online regarding managing Type 2 diabetes. Some people who were very overweight reversed their diabetes by losing weight and changing habits. But what you need to focus on is control and if you make these changes consistently you can stop the progression of diabetes for many years.