Diabetes - Type 2 Community
After EVERY meal feel lightheaded

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

After EVERY meal feel lightheaded

This is for my wife. She is 38 y/o. She over the last few months has started to feel light headed or foggy after EVERY meal. No matter how much or how little she eats. And its EVERY meal. It starts about 15 to 20 min after she eats. We have tried to change what she eats and nothing changes. We try to cut out differant things yet it still happens. Its so bad that it is hurting her at work because after lunch she gets fogy and can not focus on what she is trying to do. As an accountant this is her busy time of year she works 12 hours 5 days a week and 8 on Saterday. Does anyone have any idea. She has gone to see the Doctor and had blood taken but its been over a week and he has still not called. We have called and yet still no call back. Has anyone had any kind of issue like this. Thanks for ANY help.
Your wife's symptom might be due to a sugar surge after she injest food and diabetes should be ruled out. However, until you get feedback about her medical/lab tests from her doctor you will not know what to do.

I suggest you consider calling the doctor's office and tell them that this is an emergency and your wife is having difficulty functioning in both her professional and private life. If you don't get an immediate response fire the doctor and find another doctor.

Please let me know how this works out and I will pray for your wife.

Good Luck,
troytroy
Ya.  I get waves of lightheadedness but, my doctor does not seem to think it is caused from sugar.  
She's having me test it for 3 weeks thought 4 times a day just to be sure.  Could it be from womanly issues?  
I would ask for a glucose tolerance test?  Or maybe she could get a glucose meter and check it herself once before she eats and then 2 hours later.  From what I was told the numbers should match up about the same.  

I'm very new here though.   I would go into the doctors office and ask for the results in person.  She will have to fill out a form though if you want a copy.  I hope someone else can help you out more knowledgeable than I.  Take care.
Whoops.  Sorry troytroy.  We crossed comments.  
No problem--you gave him additional good advice.

troytroy
"She has gone to see the Doctor and had blood taken but its been over a week and he has still not called."
This is on the verge of being unacceptable practice. If her doctor sent her blood to an outside lab for testing, he/she can phone the lab for the results instead of waiting for USPS, or the courier service, to deliver her paperwork. Normal lab turnaround is 24-36 hours.

Its difficult to make further comments since you did not provide us any specific information on; what blood tests she took, what types of foods she eats and has cut back on, and her weight. You can do both you and your wife a favor by Googling "diabetes" and read up on this disease so both of you are capable of discussing it with her doctor.
I posted what the doctor said which was not much. Low Vit D and a little high WBC count. More tests next week. Has to be gallbladder or suger related. That is my guess.....and thanks to everyone for there input....thanks...