Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Blood sugar 5.8, normal or sick?

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Blood sugar 5.8, normal or sick?

I had blood tested months ago and i did ask from my family doctor about my blood sugar and she said, that is normal. I did check it out later and it appeared to be 5.8, for doc it was normal.

Now i was able to test myself twice using strips, one after meal and one after waking up, both times it was exactly  5.8.

After looking from internet things are little absurd cause WHO says i' am ok, but ADA says i am sick.

Those things really do mess with my head, WHO i believe? Or my doctor, or ADA?

First things first, the use of the word "sick" is not applicable and is dreadful sounding. When referring to diabetes one falls into one of three classifications; normal, prediabetes, or diabetes.

As long as the test times were done fasting, or postprandial [2-3 hours after a meal] then your test results are useful. If so, 5.8 mmol/l is considered prediabetes but only by tiny wee bit. Considering 5.5 mmol/l is regarded as the top range for fasting glucose this is probably why your doctor said normal. For non-diabetics many doctors use 4.44 - 6.66 mmol/l as normal postprandial [after meal] ranges.

It's quite simple to lower to your glucose with weight loss, daily exercise, and by reducing carbohydrate food intake. Good luck

You asked: your fasting reading , 2 times, are exactly 5.8 mml/I
Are you sick?
Here is my answer : 5.8 mml/l fasting equates to 98 which is , to me , a pre-diabetic reading, sadly and I hope that I am wrong. If you ask any doctor, except Dr. Richard Beirstein, they would tell you that you are a NON-Diabetic. Why?, to me the vast majority of doctors, even in the USA, know so little about this horrible malady called Diabetes 2. What they studied at school was 30-50 years old infos about diabetes 2.That is the main reason
why treatment to diabetes 2 is not so succesful, not so effective, sadly.
Is this  common : Doctors prescribe diabetes medication but almost always  to forget tell their diabetes 2 patients to  be careful to what foods they eat? and to what drinks... and forget to advise them to daily monitor their blood sugar?
Am I bashing diabetes doctors ? absolutely NOT
Please read this book:Diabetes Solution by DR. Richard Beirstein and read my previous posts on how I fight  diabetes 2  and how I stop my longtime diabetes 2 progression. I only speak for myself, and not to wish to diagnose anyone , I just hope that my diabetic journey is helpfull. Good luck.

octors, even in the US, know so little about this horrible malady called diabettes 2.Period.
To me, the doctor that tell you that you are a pre-diabetic is himself a diabetic who has to study very hard this disea
Are you sick?

Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli commented on Feels like life is ov...
drifter0213 commented on Feels like life is ov...
Caryopteris commented on GMO CORN