HCG and Metformin
I've been taking Metformin for type II Diab for six months. I have been on HCG for weight loss for 2 weeks. When I started HCG, I stopped taking Metformin because my glucose measurement was in great shape (90-110). However, now its a bit more erratic, dipping below 80. Is there a lag between stopping Metf. and the downside of that, just like my Gen Pract family doc told me some time back that Metf takes 30 days of taking before it is fully effective?

In other words, should I get back on it NOW for max HCG benefit??????
Stopping and retaking medication on your own without first consulting with your doctor is bad and could lead to problems. "dipping below 80" doesn't tell us much as you don't say when this occurring or how you discovered this. Normal fasting ranges are 60-99 mg/dl, although some doctors prefer not to drop below 70 mg/dl. And what is HCG? Google says it's a pregnancy hormone.
I have close friends and a relative that have done the HCG diet they have lost over 55+ lbs.each they feel and look great and recommend it to everyone . I have diabetes 2 and have been off my medication since 09. (Medformin, Er, Simvastatin, and Ramipril.) All these meds made me sick and gain weight. I recently went to my DR due to high blood pressure and he put me back on the meds but Glimpiride 1mg instead of the Medformin.  I really need to lose some weight and my Dr is not into fad diets my? is,Do I start the meds and do the diet or do I just do the diet and see what my stats are? All these meds have scary side effects and say no drinking alcohol but the HCG drops have 20%.alcohol. If I lose the weight will my stats change? Has anyone gotten off diabetes meds on this diet? I'm going crazy!!! Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Shelly
Continuing...I have Type II Diabetes. It's been 3 months since I lost 27 lbs on HCG. I did gain back 9 of that but am stable now. That includes a very challenging sedentary time recovering from knee surgery. I am just now starting to burn serious calories from my aerobic workouts again. My wife now wants to do HCG and I'm going to do it with her.

HCG improved my blood pressure and blood sugar readings. I've reduced my dependence on Flonase for spring allergies. I've learned how to eat less and eat healthier. For me I'm glad I did it, although, its tough and a last resort for those that have "tried everything."
I am going to start the HCG drops.  I am type 2, on insulin, metformin and blood pressure meds.  It's encouraging to know your blood sugar and blood pressure have improved.  I have asked my Dr. what I can do to naturally improve my blood pressure and he said 'Nothing".  I know dropping the weight will help the numbers too.  I need the help in curbing the food cravings myself.  I love food!!
I started the HCG platinum drops on Feb 6th 2011 weighing 270 lbs with sugar levels  at upper 100s up to 250 through out the day. By February 9th I stopped taking my 1500mg of metformin and 2g of glimepride no need as the blood sugar went normal around the 7th. Its now the 19th and
sugar is normal in upper 90s when i go to bed and wake up 103, 105, 98, its wonderful, i now weight 251. I am following the protocol to the T, no swaying, i needed to lose  the weight. I sleep like a rock now and feel great waking up. I am looking forward to the next  2 weeks and losing more weight and shedding the medicine completely for good. It works.
I've learned how to cook 100g of chicken,beef, white fish, with tons of different  vegetables and tons of different spices in water. Folks it works, go for it. If your diabetic measure sugar all the time and take note of everything.
I am very happy for you and would like to try the same HCG brand that you tried . Can you tell me know what brand it is? Thank you,  Yolanda