How to stabilize sugar working out? I passed out!
I did about 15 minutes of cardio then quite a bit of strength training the other day, my first day getting into exercise in a long time. I felt ok but then at the end I got dizzy, nauseous, lightheaded. I had to lay in the floor and everytime I stood up it happened again. The last time I blacked out for a couple seconds and the trainer had to catch me to keep me from falling. I had taken trulicity and my metformin that morning and had eaten breakfast, though it wasn't a healthy breakfast. I now am determined to get back on track with my sugar so I can get back in shape. In the meantime, ant rips to keep myself from passing out again??
Sounds like you need to have more protein to help you and some healthy carbs like oatmeal to keep you up. Cause it sounds like you also may want to take your meds after your workout because they are doing the job of lowering your b/s and when you workout you are also burning off the sugar so you're lowering your b/s levels naturally. My disclaimer: I'm not a Dr, but this is just my opinion. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you
Tbd
molla56External User
That's very good information that I didn't know about the effects of workouts on blood sugar.
Check your sugar before you work out. If it is under 100 don't exercise. Its too low. Just read a reading on Mayo Clinic. Here it is
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diabetes/in-depth/diabetes-and-exercise/art-20045697
Tbd
AH_2702568917861633671_311_14External User
walking,sit up,and psuh up for about 30 mintues a day. dont over do it. drink some water
You dont say what your BG was so we have NO idea if it was low BG or low BP or some thing else.   You need to get a meter and test your BG then you can make informed and intelligent decisions.  I got no idea why you passed out.
Diabetes 86 advice is correct.  When you are symptomatic you must test your blood sugar to know what is happening.  it could be blood sugar or it could be something else.

IF it is low blood sugar (*< 70 is considered low), then you take a small amount of sugar to bring you up.

I would also consider that a protein / fat snack would be beneficial to stabilize blood sugar before working out.