Novolog and Humulin R insulin
I have been using Novolog insulin for a month now and will run out before I can get my next supply.  I do have some Humulin R on hand.  Can I substitute that for 2 days?
Why are you running out !?!??!?!

If it is just running out refill the prescription early 2 days.  If you have Humilin R on hand I question how old it is.  If more than 30 days it is probably expired anyway.  I also question having this Insulin as it has been largely discontinued for use as better insulins are now available.

But the short answer is Novolog and Humlin R do not act in the same manner so substiuting can be very tricky and is probably not recommended.  Use of the wrong Insulin at the wrong time can be DEADLY.  This is not something to be played with.  PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION if you decide to do this and if you are not SURE what you are doing do not attempt it.
I am running out because I am already into my Medicare gap and cannot afford to buy more--but will be going to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville on Thursday and can get more from the nurse there at that time.  My Humulin is only about 3 weeks old so it has definitely not expired.  Is there anything else you can suggest?  I asked about a 30 day supply of Novolog and it is $299.00 which is impossible for me to get since I am on a strict budget due to not working anymore.
I have had a very similar problem, I was half a world away. when I ran low on Novolog, They don't have that in that country.
Pressed against the wall, and after a consultation with a local doctor and being assured that it was alright to switch.
I did switch, it was tricky though.
My pharmacist said I may mix Novolog with Humulin N with no problem.