Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Pre diabetes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Pre diabetes?

On Dec. 5, 2006 my FBS was 75
On Mar. 6, 2007 my FBS was 128.7 (i forgot i was giving blood and had a bagel about 30min before the test.)
On May 7, 2007 my FBS was 106.7
On july 26, 2007 my FBS was 116.7
What does this mean? My Doctor asked after the Mar. 6th test if I had eaten and I said yes, so he didn't say anything about that test. He acted like the 106.7 was normal, but I see over 100 is bad. Now with my last test he said "i'm a little high"
Yes, 116 is a little high, but they don't consider being diabetic until 126 FBS. You need to take control now, and get on a good diet. Google diabetic diet and try to follow it as much as you can, so that you don't slide over into diabets. It can damage kidneys, eyes, limbs, and nerves. I ignored being pre-diabetic until too late.  Have your FBS redone in 6 months. Also an A1c test gives a better picture, it is an average of your blood sugar over time. Good luck.
I am confused about my prediabetes diganosis.  I was not told to do anything.  So I consider it uncontrolled - what should I be doing?  My father, my aunty both had adult diabeties.  My grandmother got it in her 80s.

I stand 5ft 8inches and weigh 215lbs - each time I try to reduce my weight I just put more on.  Until a recent fall, I did do a lot of walking.  My physio said I had an excellent walking habit - but due to other problems I am unlikely to get back to that stage of physical movement.

Any advice greatly appreciated
Your post is hidden within another poster's post. On the Welcome to the Type II Diabetes Forum! main page click the blue button Post a Question and re-post your question so others may see and respond to your question.
thank you for the comments. I had a glucose tollerance test done and my FBS was 116 again and my 2 hour was 85. The Dr. doesn't undersand this and wants to do it again. P.S. this was the lab results, we did a quick test in the office with a drop of blood and my FBS was 85 and 2 hour was 95. Can the quick test be off by that much?
I too would want to re-run the lab tests. They are much more accurate.  There does seem to be a lot of difference tho. Don't understand it either!