Question about an OGTT

I have a question regarding the OGTT (75 g) test.
I know that if the 2 hour level is above 11 mmol/l (200 mg/dl) it could mean diabetes.
But what about the 1 hour level? What if it is also above 11 mmol/l (200 mg/dl) ?

On the dlife website i have found the following information, but it only says the 1 hour level usually peaks at 160 180 mg/dl (8.89 10 mmol/l), but i wonder if it is above it, it could mean diabetes? Especially if it is above 11 mmol/l (200 mg/dl).

"On average, normal glucose levels typically peak at 160 180 mg/dl (8.89 10 mmol/l) from 30 minutes to 1 hour after administration of the oral glucose dose, and should then return to fasting levels of 140 mg/dl (7.78 mmol/l) or less within a 2- to 3-hour period."

thank you for your help!

Hi there!

A single elevated level is not diagnostic of diabetes. Two or more values need to be elevated for a diagnosis. The cut off values are Fasting: 100 <100 mg/ dl, 1hr <200 mg/ dl and 2hr <140 mg/ dl.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
If the blood sugar peaks to higher levels after eating wouldn't that affect the A1C test?  How does the A1C test work, does it average out your blood sugar throughout the day or as soon as it peaks to high levels that is what the A1C test shows?  I am so mixed up regarding these tests.