Type 2 diabetes and foot sores
I am getting these dark red blister looking things on my right foot only. They show up several at time, usually on the sides of my foot and in the arch. They are hard and don't seem to have any fluid in them. One day it will show up and in a week it will go away and there will be lots of dry skin to peel away. Now on the right side of my right foot there is a place the size of a nickel that must have been dark red at one time and now the skin has come off. Its hard for me to get to that side of my foot due to my weight but if i stretch my leg out I can see it. Well, last night I saw that it was like a patch of dry skin and it was like a couple of layers of skin had been removed and the "inside" of the spot had a red tint to it, like sunburn, not like a red blister, but it is sore. It never happens on my left foot. Do you know what this might be and how I should treat it? My friends daddy had diabetes and had a sore on his foot and later in life he had to have his legs amputated. This scares me. I have a doctors appointment in about 2 weeks, and will ask him then, but was wondering if I could get some advice here until then. Thank you.
I didn't see mentioned in your post if you have type 2 diabetes or not, or what you are doing to control and manage it if you do. Diabetics are much more prone to blister or callus formation, which generally starts as a warm or red spot. Unit you see your doctor see if this link provides helpful tips
http://tinyurl.com/foot-blister-treatment
Oh, I am sorry for not providing all the information. I have type II diabetes and I take Metformin 500 mg 2x a day. I have been eating correctly since diagnosed 1 year ago and have lost 100 pounds. Thank you for the link.
Oh weird, I have 2 accounts here. I didn't know I had the other. Sorry.
No need to apologize. Just be sure to always use only one so we know who we're conversing with. Good luck with the blister.