Diabetes - Type 2 Community
blood sugar fluctuation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

blood sugar fluctuation

my husband was 2yrs post liver transplant, that is the one reason why he is also now suffering from monitor blood sugar problem. my question now is about fluctition of his blood glucose, we have a kit monitoring it before and after meal, but there was time when we check it is high then after just a minute it drop down, we are really worried why is this happening? hoping that anyone could help! thanks
There is a member of this board named waverider who is very knowledgeable and will probably respond shortly to your question.

Meanwhile I need a little clarification on what you are saying. You are saying that you test the blood sugar one minute and then a minute later you test again and it drops down. How much does it drop down by? Meters are not exact within a range of as much as twenty points, so if it is less than that it might just be the meter. Make sure your test strips are not expired and if you have to change the number you do (some meters do, some don't) Also if you get control solution you can check the function as well.

If you are seeing more wildly varying readings and it is not the meter perhaps this is something to speak with your doctor about.
Not enough information to answer you directly. What kit - make & model? What are his glucose levels - prandial & postprandial & the  before & "just a minute it drop down"? The latter makes no sense w/o b4 and after numbers.

"suffering from monitor blood sugar problem"
This can be from improper use of the glucose monitor as Zoelula pointed out.

Bottom line, the quality of information provided in a post equals the quality of information in our response to the poster. By keeping things a secret makes it difficult for us to respond fully to your concerns/questions. Post back with answers to our questions and give us more information to work with. We volunteer our time to help poster like you. If you do not wish to post back with answer, that is your decision and wish your husband the best in his post transplant survival quest.
thanks for your concern, i will try to track the blood glucose of my husband how it rises and drop down, the il get back to you to give the details.

more power!