Diabetes - Type 2 Community
dizzy and lightheaded

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

dizzy and lightheaded

I have recently been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. In the past three weeks I have been dizzy and lightheaded - and not just when I go from laying to sitting.... it just happens at anytime...can these two things be related?
Are you dizzy and lightheaded when it is nearly time to eat? You might have low blood sugar. Do you test? Being pre-diabetic testing at least occasionally fasting and 2 hours after eating are important as well as making changes in diet and exercise.
I had that dizzy and lightheaded a few weeks ago when I dramatically cut carbs in take.  It happened right after I ate.  For example, I ate a bread, that took me 5 mins, right after that I got very dizzy.  I never tested at that point.  I also got dizzy some other time and I tested twice both were 90.  I have low blood pressure I am thinking that cause my dizzines.  Now I only get dizzy after I read those stuff on line and focus on my head.  It is quite strange.

Please keep us posted on your findings.
Are you taking any meds for your Pre Diabetes?
What are your normal numbers?

When this happens can you take a second and test your sugar? You do have a meter right?

It is likely that your sugar has dropped too low.
I have this happen now and than if I am out and do not eat on schedule.

Keeping some orange Juice on hand and having a small glass to raise it up Also you can buy glucose tablets to keep in your purse to take when it happens.

if you are on meds you may need to lower them a bit speak to your Doctor.Also one thing about this disease it does require that you eat on a regular schedule.
Hope this helps
I was also recently dx with pre diabetes about 3 mo ago. I am active, around 120 lbs and eat well. Since being dx with diabetes I have also been experiencing dizziness and confusion at random times throughout the day, mostly when and after eating and drinking. My sugars are normal when I feel dizzy. I have been eating less carbs. I still cant figure out what is wrong with me. Any ideas?
Have you got any answer to your entry of  Sep 24, 2009 11:49AM
your entry was:

Now my story:

I don't know what I am, a hyperglycemic or a hypoglycemic. When I take rice, like two plates and have a nap as well,  it may go as high as 211mg/dl. If I take the same food and quantity and go for a walk it may be as good as 140. A month ago I took one and half plate of rice and went for a walk, having walked 4 kilometer I had the worst hypoglycemia attack of my life and I hardly survived. Now I have cut my carbs dramitically (as every time you take a meal, you cant go for a walk) like you, and having the same Problem of being dizy and lightheaded and now while I am writing to you and focusing on the monitor the same feeling, as you mentioned. So have you sorted it out. Please let me know I am sick of this condition and I would go back to my normal meals.
your entry was:

Now my story: