Diabetes - Type 2 Community
dry mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

dry mouth

hello, i have posted  this question in several areas and still nothing, figured i would try here.  I am a pre-diabetic and have been having dry mouth issues.  I have been to my dentist numerous times and he says he doesnt see any bacterial or fungal infections, i went to my primary care physician in july and my blood sugar was high but bloodwork (CBC) was normal.  I have  been having issues with my mouth since about may, is been dry and my tongue sometimes feels like its burning.  This only seems to take place after i eat and lasts for about 2 hours and then back to normal.  I have been everywhere on the web and here and nothing seems to fit, until i did some research and saw that dry mouth is sympotmatic of diabetes.  Can anyone shed some light?  Its more of an inconvenience than anything else.  I can still swallow, doesnt affect taste, throat isnt sore, sleeping is not a problem.  I should also mention this doesnt happen everytime and its also varies in dryness.  I am going to be changing from a GP to Internest within the next couple of months.  does anyone know  how to avoid this?
"I am a pre-diabetic and have been"
One does not remain in this state. You change your lifestyle by eating properly, exercise and maintain proper body weight to get your glucose [blood sugar] into normal ranges, or become a diabetic by neglect.

"i went to my primary care physician in july and my blood sugar was high but bloodwork (CBC) was normal."
These tests are not the same and have different meanings. What number did you get to for "my blood sugar was high"? And was the test done while fasting? What did your doctor say to you?

"This only seems to take place after i eat and lasts for about 2 hours and then back to normal."
This indicates the foods you are consuming are raising your glucose levels to a dangerous high - too much sugar and too much salt. Feeling normal may not be normal. When your glucose levels are jacked for long periods, it can remain dangerously high yet you think you feel normal. Do you have home test meter to check your levels before and after each meal?

"saw that dry mouth is sympotmatic of diabetes."
Yes it is. Dry mouth also is associated with depression, allergies, obesity, and number of other diseases. Are you taking any medications or supplements? There may be potential drug interactions.

" I am going to be changing from a GP to Internest"
They're basically the same. You need to see an Endocrinologist, someone that specializes in diabetes care and treatment.
For dry mouth I am using grocery/pharmacy Biotene toothpaste and mouth rinse and it is working wonders , filled with enzymes to lube you during the night.  It is safe to swallow, follow the instructions.