Diabetes - Type 2 Community
insomnia and diabetes

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

insomnia and diabetes

I am T2 diabetic, with major depression, insomnia and an as yet undiagnosed gastric problem.
I am often awake 48-72 hours straight. What do I do about meals? Do I need to eat overnight as well as during the day?
If you test your blood sugar when you are awake for a period of time and not eating and it is low than you probably need to have a snack during those times.

Being awake 48-72 hours straight is beyond simple insomnia. You might want to be assessed by a mental health professional to see if you perhaps have Bipolar Disorder rather than Major Depression.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble sleeping.  Have you had a sleep study done?  What is keeping you awake?  Thoughts?  Restlessness?  Waking up when sleeping?  I would agree you would want to take your blood sugar and if low eat...  Average you should be eating small meals every 4-6 hours to keep an even Blood Sugar.  Pleas keep me posted on how you are doing.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Apr 29
melimeli commented on Belle313's status
Apr 29
melimeli Thank the Lord for Fridays! Comment
Apr 29