insomnia and diabetes
I am T2 diabetic, with major depression, insomnia and an as yet undiagnosed gastric problem.
I am often awake 48-72 hours straight. What do I do about meals? Do I need to eat overnight as well as during the day?
If you test your blood sugar when you are awake for a period of time and not eating and it is low than you probably need to have a snack during those times.

Being awake 48-72 hours straight is beyond simple insomnia. You might want to be assessed by a mental health professional to see if you perhaps have Bipolar Disorder rather than Major Depression.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble sleeping.  Have you had a sleep study done?  What is keeping you awake?  Thoughts?  Restlessness?  Waking up when sleeping?  I would agree you would want to take your blood sugar and if low eat...  Average you should be eating small meals every 4-6 hours to keep an even Blood Sugar.  Pleas keep me posted on how you are doing.