Diabetes - Type 2 Community
metformin

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

metformin

I was dx with type 2 diabetes (borderline) ?  2 yrs ago.. I was put on 500milgs of metformin 2xday /  for the first few months I took the med.. but I felt it was making me to hungry ? my Dr said to stop it ? I continued to have episodes of HUNGER, sweating, shaking, heart beating fast, a scary feeling.. I don't keep any sugary foods or drink in house so I just grabed a piece of whole wheat bread & peanut butter.. after about 15 mins symtoms (symptoms) subsided.. I ran out of the strips for my blood count meter.. as I write now I feel slight symtoms (symptoms) creeping up ? I guess I should quick and eat something.. my quest is Im not sure if I should take the metformin.. doesn't it bring sugar down ? I will call my primary later today.. but shes not helping me much..have to go & eat

THANKXXX
If you do not feel your doctor is providing you with attentive health care find one that does. You need to see a doctor first hand for a thorough health evaluation to help determine if you are experiencing low OR high blood sugar OR other health issues which are causing your symptoms. Try eating small meals throughout the day to if it helps. Good luck -
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
Avatar n tn
dayna852 commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
Make A Shake That Will Keep You Ful...
18 hrs ago by gymdandee
Dee1956 commented on photo