stage 2 diabetic with swollen feet
Lately my feet get really swollen and the only thing that helps is to wrap them in ice and lay with them elevated. I do have diabetis and high cholestrol. Is swollen feet a sign my heart may not be working properly or something to do with my diabetis
I think this is a bit of a old thread but I'll answer it anways...it sounds like your body is retaining water...do you have high blood pressure? it sounds like you need water pills...discuss with your doctor...good luck.
I am a newly diagnosed type 2.  Before my diagnosis my feet used to swell unmercifully.  I pushed the salt shaker away and use a substitute only if necessary (I used too too much salt.)  It is surprising how I can taste the salt already in the food.  Anyway the swelling in my feet is hardly there anymore.  I can tell when I have had too much sodium intake.  Goes right to my feet and hands.