Diabetes - Type 2 Community
stage 2 diabetic with swollen feet

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

stage 2 diabetic with swollen feet

Lately my feet get really swollen and the only thing that helps is to wrap them in ice and lay with them elevated. I do have diabetis and high cholestrol. Is swollen feet a sign my heart may not be working properly or something to do with my diabetis
Avatar n tn
I think this is a bit of a old thread but I'll answer it anways...it sounds like your body is retaining water...do you have high blood pressure? it sounds like you need water pills...discuss with your doctor...good luck.
Avatar n tn
I am a newly diagnosed type 2.  Before my diagnosis my feet used to swell unmercifully.  I pushed the salt shaker away and use a substitute only if necessary (I used too too much salt.)  It is surprising how I can taste the salt already in the food.  Anyway the swelling in my feet is hardly there anymore.  I can tell when I have had too much sodium intake.  Goes right to my feet and hands.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
blukitty added the Pain Tracker
Jun 29
Dr. Peter Glidden ND
Jun 29 by gymdandee
Truth in Olive Oil
Jun 28 by gymdandee