Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
Can cold and throat infection affect blood sugar level?

A group of people with Pre-Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share your experiences.

My husband is 31 years old. His fasting blood sugar was 130mg and 2 hrs after lunch it was 166mg, but on that day he was not physically fit as he had suffered from cold and throat infection(hadn't taken any medicine)
Did that illness caused high sugar level? I just want to ask whether it is sign of Diabetes? Is he normal?
I'm assuming he's not a diabetic?  If he isn't, why is he testing his sugar at home? Did his doctor instruct him to do so for a reason?

Ilnesses can affect glucose levels, yes.  The fasting level is a bit concerning if he isn't a diabetic.  The illness may have affected it, but it's still worth keeping an eye on, if he hasn't been identified as a diabetic at this point.
Yes he is not diabetic. As a routine health checkup he given samples in lab and not performed any tests at home. I was curious if he is normal or diabetic.
Ok, gotcha.  Thanks for the further info.  He'll need to contact his doctor for a more extensive work up.  The illness may have played a role, hard to say.
.
Let us know!
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Contamination Of Oat-Based Cereals...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on  Foods That Help Burn...
Paxiled commented on  Foods That Help Burn...