Pre diabetic.
Thank you for taking time to read this. My fasting blood sugar is 110-120. My after meal and through the day blood sugars are 95-110. My A1c is 5.4. I know my fasting should be under 100. I eat low carb and good fats. I exercise. I am at a loss as what to do. The doctor just wants to "watch me".

You are already doing the lifestyle measures to manage diabetes with low carb eating and exercise.  If you want to step it up a notch diet-wise, you could look into ketogenic diet, which can further normalize blood sugars for some.

Changing your exercise time (maybe late afternoon / evening, if you typically exercise in the morning) may be worth a try.  Other possibilities:
- a small late night snack (with protein and fat) may help bring down your fasting numbers; this works for some.  
- a small glass of wine or a shot of spirits before bed has the same effect.  
- I have also read that apple cider vinegar can help reduce blood sugars (with modest effect).

For all of these, you would only know if this works, if you try it.  So I'd say go ahead and try them out.

However, if these alone don't work, you could ask your doctor about whether he can prescribe Glucophage / metformin.  This is generally considered very safe (thus he may be willing to prescribe it if you ask).  It is an insulin sensitizer, and it may be very effective for helping to normalize blood sugars.
I'm on the same page as you!  Fasting high and throughout the day ok!  I started with an a1c of 5.8.  Now just started monitoring and hoping to get it down despite a high fasting.  When I do eat protein at night, it helps lower my fasting, but I find it weird to eat when I'm not even hungry!!!  However, if I work out at night, I don't mind eating a post-workout snack, and it works out well with a lower fasting in the morning because of my late night snack.