Recently diagnosed prediabetic
I just recently found out I was prediabetic after having blood work done at my obgyn and my a1c was high. They told me to see my MD and follow up with him so I did. About a year ago before being diagnosed I passed out a couple of times without knowing what was wrong. I went to the dr then and he said I was neurocardiogenic syncope. I mentioned doing blood work then since when I was younger my sugars were high in my urine. He said no that wasn't what was causing me to pass out. So when I visited him after finding out I was prediabetic all he told me was to eat better and to follow up with him in 6 months. He didn't seem to concerned. Should I look into finding a new dr?
Yes find a new md that will take YOUR health seriously
Hello, with your symptoms and history, you definitely should be taken seriously.  What was the result of your hba1c?  Do you know that non-diabetics have results of < 5.0?

You need some further testing, and you need to be getting a blood sugar meter so you can measure the impact of what you eat and then use that information to plan your meals.  

The best way of eating for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes, or even at risk for diabetes is low carb, moderate protein and higher fat (enough healthy fats to get the calories you need).  This can be similar to the paleo eating plan, or just avoiding sweets, sugars, most grains etc.