worried my a1c rose to high ?
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some answers about how fast an a1c will rise after 6 months???. I was diagnosed with prediabetes at an a1c of 6.2..at first I didn't care about it to much but second time around it jumped to 6.3 only after 5 or 6 months. So I got scared and joined a gym and lost 11 pounds but gained it right back cause of some slip ups, but surprisingly the third time I checked my a1c it dropped back to 6.2 even after the weight gain and that was in April of this year . Yesterday they drew blood and now I'm just nervously waiting on the results . I'm scared it rose again pass 6.5 and the reason I say that is because over the summer I made some bad eating choices and gained an extra 12 pounds . I'm only 25 years old with a wife and 2 year old son and yes I know if kept under control diabetes will be manageable but not now. I'm back on a diet and starting to excersie again so I go drop this weight and keep it off this time but mainly what I wanna know is could it have jumped up to 3 percent so fast in a matter of 6 months. ?? Thank you for you're answers.
Do not look at it as percentages. Look at the points. An A1C is going to be different every time. There is no normal as far as how much it changes. The idea is to get it below 6 and keep it there. Exercise, even walking, will go a long way toward keeping it lower. The body uses glucose in the blood for fuel before it uses other sources, such as insulin, to control the glucose. Try to watch your carbohydrate intake. 1 mg sugar = 1 mg of carbohydrate. Of course watch your sugar intake. Regular soda and sweet tea should not be part of drink selection. Alcohol should also be avoided. Though an occasional drink is OK.

You can find a lot of info on diets for diabetics and pre-diabetics online. There is no need to have a special meal just for you if you can manage portion control. A slice of cake or another sweet treat, one or twice a week, will not hurt you if you manage your carb/sugar intake.

Good luck.
Yes Aic can go up 3% in6 month.   The A1c is an average So yes if your average goes up  so does the A1c.

Wait for your results.  Let us know.  We can't predict these things.  It may or may not have risen.

Good thing is that you are still young and that means if you take care of yourself now things should be fine.  

Diabetes management is a marathon, not a sprint, so you need to be focused on managing this for the long term.
Thank you for saying that , it really helps.
My A1C is 6.2. My hormone specialist has me on Atkins diet and Victoza injection ( not even a dose just 6 clicks of the pen) to help me avoid carbs. Atkins is difficult but it eliminates carbs or 14 g total a day.