type 1 effectz
I just found out I'm roughly 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and I did not plan for this. So my blood sugars are out of control and have been since I was diagnosed in April of this year how safe if at all is it for me to have this baby? What kind of problems would baby and myself be facing?
Blood glucose levels can have a significant impact on a developing baby, particularly during the early weeks of gestation.  Depending on how "out of control" you have been, the baby is at an increased risk of defects to the brain/nervous system, heart/circulatory system.  We always advise prospective moms to achieve reasonable blood glucose control prior to attempting to conceive:  An A1c (which reflects 3 month average) of less than 7%, and reasonable stability without extreme highs or lows.  

Given that we cannot change history, you can put yourself in the best position for a successful pregnancy by managing your diabetes intensively from this point forward.  It is usually best to work with a high-risk obstetrician and Certified Diabetes Educator who are experienced at the management of diabetes through pregnancy.  Use of an insulin pump and/or continuous glucose monitor may also be to your advantage.

There is a series of excellent articles on all aspects of managing diabetes through pregnancy at the "Diabetes Sisters" website:  https://diabetessisters.org/pregnancy.   I would also recommend the book "Balancing Pregnancy with Pre-Existing Diabetes" by Cheryl Alkon.