Divorce & Breakups Community
How do I survive w/o my Partner, companion, aka husband
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How do I survive w/o my Partner, companion, aka husband

A commercial for the movie "Sinister", coming out Friday came on the tv. My instant thought was, omg that looks awesome, can't wait to see that with...:'( oh ya thats right, no more movie nights with my husband, now that we live apart and he is with another woman... We have always shared a mutual obsession for horror films, even the ones we know are goin to suck, the first date night after we got married was, Insidious, and our one yr wedding anniversary we saw, Cabin in the Woods. This mutual passion was one of the very first bonds we formed. No one around me can even slightly tolerate my taste in movies. As our relationship deteriorated, we stopped going to movies, or anything we once had in common, even fighting if the other suggested doing one of the activities that once connected us. I miss him, and us so much. I miss my partner,companion, friend, love
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm sorry for Your sadness.  My heart is heavy for You.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Well, if it helps (and it might not), you don't miss the guy that exists in reality today, who fought with you and left you, you miss the idealized version of your history.  It's easier to get over missing someone when you realize you aren't really in love with the person who exists in real life now, but with a picture in your mind.

ps -- A good way to meet a guy who likes cheap horror films is to go to a cheap horror film on a Saturday afternoon.
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
I too am very sorry.  It is really really hard to move on after we've developed a life with somone.  Even if we wanted the seperation, it is still hard to leave the 'good' parts of a relationship let alone if we don't want the seperation.

Anniebrook has a good idea for when you are ready.  No rush for that but you will meet someone else to share your passions with.  

Peace sweetie
Blank
I agree with the others and especially the idea that you're missing something that no longer exists.  Don't let going alone to the movies stop you from enjoying the horror movies, you may meet someone who enjoys them as well!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Divorce & Breakups Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...