Divorce & Breakups Community
is it amid life crisis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

is it amid life crisis

im  wondering if my partner is having a mid life crisis as a year a half ago he was put on sick from work after working constantly for over 20years he was fine at first but them slowly withdrawing to the bedroom then his mother suddenly passed away donating her body to science so there was no final goodbye then he was complaining about silly things not eating not shaving or cleaning himself just laying around upstairs away from everyone he then complained of the noise of the grandkids saying he couldnt take it and much more he was off i came home from work one morning to find him gone he got in touch not long after started visiting then finally came back he seemed better in his self more calm we spoke of things we needed to do together as our eldest daughter had moved out  with the grandkids he was constantly telling me he loved me we planned moving for a fresh start but then suddenly he told me he had slept with someone else and that he had walked away all this was over the phone while i was at work i left work to get home to find him gone again he had left me a letter saying that he loved me and hoped i could forgive him in the future he rang a day later and again after that then i didnt hear from him till 3/4 mths later we spoke then a week or so later he turned up he said that he had most things sorted in his head and he knew he had let me down he told his daughter he was back to stay and his family and he wouldnt hurt me again he talked about people he was hanging round with getting into trouble with the police he seemed to drink more his attitude seemed to have changed to how he was when i first met him like he had been trying to relive his youth he complained of dizzy spells he stillkept telling me he loved me his sex drive was not as it was he didnt behave out of character but was upstairs all the time playing games again i came home from work he had gone leaving a letter saying he loved me and he thought i was great but things didnt feel the same and he thought it best to go as he cant seem to settle in one place for too long all this has happened in the past 16/18 months before all this we were solid together is it amid life crisis or has he found someone else
Aaawww, so sorry to hear all of that going on in your life.  I think your guy could use some counseling for his drinking, as well as for how to manage long-term relationships.  I personally do not beleive in 'mid-life crisis.  However I do know that people can experience behavioral changes due to environmental, hormonal, and circumstantial changes that naturally happen throughout life.  I cannot tell you if he has found someone else.  Maybe he just found some new freinds.  I suggest you look into yourself and see if you could and would be happier with or without him.  Only you can decide that.  Hugs for you - Blu
we were happy together till he went on the sick from work it seems to me that he doesnt know what he wants as hes back and forth he says he loves me and stuff like that its like hes trying to relive his youth
Hi there.  I think your partner sounds like he is severely depressed.  Depression is a mental health issue and no one's fault.  It can come on with nothing in life to indicate it should or something can trigger it.  Drinking is often associated with depression.  It is a way of trying to cope and self medicate but it backfires.  

I'm dead serious about this----------  I would insist that your partner go to his medical doctor with you and explain what you have here.  There are some classic depression symptoms that the doctor will pick up on and then ask for a referrel to a psychiatrist.  At that time, he should go to the psychiatrist and start some talk therapy with a pyschologist.  The combination of medication and talk therapy has good results with the majority of people that suffer depression.  

Now this is on the internet----------  so I am NOT diagnosing him.  But I encourage you to take the idea of depression and run with it.  I think if he seeks treatment, things could get much better for him and hence, you.  

good luck