Dogs Community
Chihuahua Leg Injury

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Chihuahua Leg Injury

I have a four year old Long-haired Chihuahua, and she is limping.  She favors her back leg, and she does not want me to touch it near the hip area.  It seems painful for her to move the leg because she does not pull away when I touch her toes, and usually she does (and she pulls her other three paws away, just not the one she is favoring).

Yesterday, she was vaccinated and Microchipped at 3:30 pm, and she did not show any signs of distress all evening or night.  

This morning, she was favoring her leg.  She slept in the bed with me, and she has a ladder that she uses to climb in and out of the bed.

She is eating and her nose is wet and cold.

I am not sure if this is an injury or if this could be an side effect related to the Microchip.  I have called the vet, but it is Sunday, and I have not heard back.

She can walk on the leg, but it seems like moving the top part of it bothers her.  I am trying to decide whether to take her to the emergency clinic if the vet does not respond.
Thank you.
It sounds like its either from the vaccine or microchip or both..I would take her to emergency.

I don't know her age but in case you are not aware please research vaccines. Of course you have to get all her puppy shots but after that as years go by you really only need a titer test to make sure she is still immune. Getting animals vaccinated over and over all the time only causes sickness, can cause cancer and autoimmune disease..

shirleys wellness cafe has a lot of info on it.
I hope your dog feels better soon, good luck
MO
i have a older chichuaua male i found him scared and starving you could count every vertebre from 4 ft away he is healhy and happy and loved but yesterday he was in our chair when i had to leave the room while out someone knocked he jumped down but landed on his butt now his back leg is crooked and cant support him when i examine him his leg seems ok but the hip makes him yelp badly can this be dislocated  or worse  please dont say the obvious take him to the vet i have no money any help
Hello Harley...We do not have any Vets on this forum.....Yes, his hip could be dislocate or broke.....There is no way for us to tell on a public forum.....You already know what you need to do, but I'm not going to say it, since you ask us not to.....

You might try to apply for Care Credit online or at your Vet's office.....It's a credit card made for human and animal medical bills...Low interest rate, etc...Many Vet Clinics and ER's accept this as card as a form of payment...

Do you have anything you could sell or pawn to raise the money for a vet visit? How about your computer or a piece of furniture? Tools, etc.???

Call your Vet and see if you can volunteer at their clinic for services.....

Call your local HUmane Society or SPCA and see if they know of any low cost clinics willing to help people in financial trouble...Many DO exist....Your local area Societies will know where for you to turn.....

Have anyone you could borrow some money from and pay back, later?

Your dog is in PAINFUL trouble & his leg needs to be accessed...To do nothing is unacceptable.....I hope you find a way for your little one's sake....Karla
The obvious is that he's hurting bad and needs help.  Please try somehow to come up with the money to help him, or surrender him to your local Humane Society, they possibly will take him and help him.  Don't wait, he has to be in terrible pain.