Cocker Spaniel 5 years old
My dog Spencer Squeels everytime he shakes his head. Could he have an earache? or a neckache?
Hello & Welcome.....It's probably an Ear Infection or Yeast Infection....Both are quite common. If you've ever had an earache yourself, you know they are very painful!
If it's a fungus such as yeast, usually really, really, itchy....

Ear Mites are also a possibility and common, too. They will drive the dog nuts till it's taken care of....The squealing means they must hurt bad!

A trip to the Vet is needed......He/she will examine the ears to determine what your dogs dealing with.....

Oral antibiotics are given is the ear infection is deep seeded....Otherwise, ointment for the ear is given for infection or yeast...Liquid drops for the ear are given for mites....

None of these will clear up on their own.....Ear infections left untreated can cause an ear drum to rupture and deafness can occur...Plus, again the pain is excruciating!!  Been there, done that.  ;)

Please, have him evaluated very soon before it gets worse......Check back in and let us know how he doing......Karla
Karla is spot on ......had cockers for many years,the ears are the bane of thier life (and ours) get the vet to clip the fur on ears very short  and then keep it short on the inside so the air can circulate if you dont its an ongoing problem as eardrums are allways covered up.
Could be either, but most likely an ear infection.  If it is an ear infection, he won't let you touch his ears close to his head.  Put pressure there and see what he does.  Also, lift the ear and take a whiff.  It will small bad.  You may need to take special care of your dogs ears. Those long droopy ears need regular cleaning and possible hair pulls. My last dog got chronic ear infections as a result of vaccinations.  The vets couldn't clear up the infections.  They kept giving me stronger and stronger medicine to the point where I was burning the inside of her ear.  I finally took her to an acupuncturist that does animals.  Two visits and she never had a problem again.  I did have to stop vaccinating her though.  Finally, when she got older, she needed surgery and the vet had to legally give the rabies shot to do the surgery.  Six months later, the poor dog's immune system totally shut down.  That is another story, but shows that vaccine reactions don't always appear immediately.  They can show up six months to a year later.  Not all animals are so sensitive and I am not preaching to stop vaccinating your dog.  Sometimes there is a connection, though, especially with some pure bred breeds.  Mine was a Wheaten Terrier a very sensitive breed. Go to the vet first so that you can learn to take care of your dogs ears.
You cannot pull out his  his hair!  it is not wool like a poodle do not attempt this.Just keep hair short on the inside of ear but better all over the ear.Also wash out the ears with a product called Malaseb  a medicated shampoo in Aus. I put a sqeeze of it in luke warm water and squirt into ear and gently rub it in  he will shake it out after.It keeps the inner ear in  clean tip top condition.
They  breeders   used to use Meths  it must have been angony for for the dogs.
But please get the ears cleared up first at the vets.