Dog nipples leaking and crusty
I have a year and a half old full-breed miniature cocker spaniel named Daisy.  She has not yet been fixed.  This evening I was brushing her and happened to notice that her nipples were crusty.  I got a washrag with warm water and soap to clean them and they almost immediately became bright red and swollen as if they were raw.  There were three that started leading a milky white fluid.  While she's not been fixed I haven't had her near any non-fixed male dogs and  her last cycle was 4 months ago.  She's also not showing any of the other signs so I don't believe her to be pregnant.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be happening?  Thank you.
Hi. I am having the same just about the same problem with my dog. He is an eight year old Schnoodle. His nipples are crusty and I haven't cleaned them yet because he is very touchy about the subject! I don't want to hurt him trying to help him. What can I do for him?
I wasn't worried about it before, but I when I get the money I'm going to take my little dog across town to the vet. His nipples are still underneath a layer of brown crust.There are a lot of forums on dog health on the internet and this one usually has the best answers...if no one can answer my question here, I hope my vet can. I just hope he doesn't have something serious. He used to have valley fever and it made him very sick. After treatment with medicine it was found in his blood in very low levels. It came back once and we had to treat him again. You can tell when he has it because he gets lethargic and just lays around. I'm worried this could some early symptom of his valley fever infection coming back or something malignant. I can't have my dog get sick while I'm sick and my mother's sick!
Sorry for ranting, I'm just scared because out of all the current and former dog owners I know, no one has ever had this problem. And I guess no one here knows either. I don't have the money for a vet bill right now, but I'll stop paying the bills if it means my dog will be okay.
my dog has sore nipples too,im really worried i dont no what to do ! and my dog is pregnant but the problem isnt because shes pregnant because when i first got her as a 1 year old i had the same issue !!!

please help !!!!!    

......thankz 8(
My sons dog had the same thing. We all swore she was pregnant even though he swore that she was not near a male. Her nipples were leaking alot of milk & she gained weight.
To make a long story short...my sister swore that she was in labor, ready to have the pups...she had all the signs. In 2 days, No pups. My son took her to a vet & X-rays were done, & NO PUPPIES were in her. It was a FALSE PREGNANCY. We were stunned.
The Vet said it was hormones doing all this...& she'd dry up in a few weeks.  I just called my son to be sure & her said she is getting better.
FYI...The dog is 2 yrs. old..not spayed.. & had just finished her 2nd heat 3 wks. prior to her nipples getting big etc..

I sure hope this helped you. Put your mind at ease.
omg i am going through the same thing i have a female cocker spaniel just turned three years old and she has these brown/black specks of crusty dirt or somthing all over her nipples and she leaks from her nipples only sometimes and very very little i never really stressed it i assumed it was her hormones making her leak and over looked the brown crust for dirt but now i noticed she getting the same crust around her "coochie" and whenever i bath her it difficult to scrub off and it begins to swell i dont know what to.... im really worried i dont have enuff money to take her to a big time Animal hospital if this is something minor im wondering if maybe someone knows what i can do
It really sounds like a false pregnancy...My Peke went through the same thing and she kept milk for atleast 6 months.It really is'nt nothing serious .It will pass sometimes it takes awhile though.
My male cocker/bichon mix has had this problem (brown crusty nipples). I don't know what it is, but here is one thing I can tell you...it has been this way for 9 years.  He has been to the vet for all his regular checkups. I never brought it up, because I'd always forget. I don't think it is anything serious, he seems like a happy healthy 9-year old puppy! I Hope this helps!
i have a female pug mixed with chinese pug and english pug and she does it to but its not false pregnancy because she does it since three years ago im really starting worry
i am going though the same thing she has 2 nipples like the but its crusty i cleaned her and 2 of her nipples are open 2 getting there she is not fixed she already went into heat she was around my friends male dog after i new she was done bleeding could she be pregnant ? i looked it up and everything it said she has been doing since i got her sleeping alot picky eater
Hi Daisey,
Your girl could well be pregnant if she spent a lot of time with an "entire" male dog during the middle part of her Heat cycle. If he hasn't been fixed, and they were together for any length of time alone, maybe where you couldn't see?, then you can bet on it.
(a female is in heat for approximately 3 weeks. So it's the MIDDLE week of the three when she is able to actually mate and get pregnant. Before then she will not allow a dog to mount her, and after that she won't.)

How long ago could this have happened? A female is pregnant for about 63 days.
When you say "two of her nipples are open" do you mean they have open wounds there? If there is real soreness like that she had better see a vet. If she is about to produce puppies it would be best if there is any soreness or infection, that it clears up before she starts suckling them. Pain when suckling could make her unable to feed the pups, and they could die from dehydration and starvation.
thank you for getting back to me the nipple is open on the top no red ness just a deff pink than the rest of them the last time she brought him was jan.10th  over they both went in my livingroom when they came back into my dinningroom he tried in front of me and my friend and she would not let him do anything he tried 2 more times after that in front of me and my friend my friend yelled at her dog so i think she scared my dog
Hi. I am having the same just about the same problem with my dog. She is an eight year old Schnoodle. Her nipples are crusty and I haven't cleaned them yet because she is very touchy about the subject! I don't want to hurt her trying to help her. What can I do for her?