Dog that just gave birth not eating
I have a year old shihtzu who just recently had a puppy.  She was bred on accident, but anyways, the birth went great, no problems.  No bruising, no tearing, and the puppy is very healthy and eating a lot.  The only thing now, is that the mother seems to have lost her appetite, or lost her taste for ALL food.  She has taken a few bites that we've seen in the past couple days.  But in general, she isn't eating.  She is drinking just fine, but she isn't eating much.

We have tried dry dog food, kibbles n bits, shredded chicken, hot dogs, and others.  She did eat a whole bratwurst last night, but that's it.  Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get her to eat?  We tried mixing her dry dog food with cooked hotdogs, dry dog food with wet dog food, and many other things.  Please help us out here, we don't want anything to happen to our dog.
What you need to do is take your dog to the vet.  The problem isn't simply losing her appetite and getting her to eat, it's figuring out WHY that is happening.  One possibility is pyometra: an infection of the uterus that can be fatal.  Please don't wait and call your vet today!
Jaybay is right you need to take her to the vet,also if the puppy was unexpected have you been giving the mother calcium powder?She needs that so her and her puppys bones to become strong.hot dogs and btratwurst are not a good idea to spicy and it goes through to the mothers milk.If shes not eating the milk will lessen,so its a good idea to mum and baby for a checkup better safe than sorry.
My dog gave birth Saturday night into Sunday morning. First one born was just a sack then a female. one male then two males in the same sack. Then one in a sack but only had hair and very little bones, mum ate that one. next one very hard delivery but a female and the right hind quarter is swollen. Mum is still tired but I am concerned about her stools, they are black and watery. Today she had one that was stringy but she still has alot of blue black drainage from her rectum or vagina? I can not tell which one. She will urinate four to five times in a 5 minute period. What can I do? I did not breed her on purpose. I had my son and his family over and they were outside, she wasnt even in heat, this was three weeks after her heat. I do not breed dogs. I really needs some advise,asap!!!!!!!
Did she pass a placenta for each puppy?   If not she may be retaining one.    Please contact your vet.   The black watery discharge is not normal after giving birth.     We used to breed dogs and never once did I see that.    ( A dogs heat cycle is 9-21 days.    She would be receptive to mating right after the bleeding stopped. )   I hope everything is ok with your dog. What breed of dog do you have?
I misspoke.  I have seen watery black discharge from one  of our dogs.   She developed pyometra during a difficult delivery.  This is life threatening.   If your dog has this she will need to be spayed immediately.    
My dog was a rape victim to begin with, she is min sheltie and aussie mix. But she had been raped by a ridgeback, and had a litter. We keeped one of the pups and that is the one how gave birth Sat. Here is the thing my son's dog is a pitbull. I am disappointed with the pitbull situation, I dont care for that breed at all. What is Pyometra? Are you a Vet?  
I am not a vet.    Pyometra is a life threatening uterine infection.    I am not saying this is what is wrong with your dog but it is a very serious possibility.    
My dog is not eating at all, after she had her baby on Tuesday June 13 2016
Hi Carmencass,
I think you should get her checked by a vet.
A number of things can go wrong after delivery, and it better to be sure your dog is safe.