Dogs Community
Golden Retriever Puppy not eating/no energy

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

We got our 2.5 month puppy just five days ago from a pet shop. She was active and healthy. She was taken to a vet for a check up and given her first shot and de-worming medicine yesterday morning, and the vet did not find anything wrong with her. But all day yesterday as well as today, she is not opening her mouth to be fed anything. She is so weak now that she cannot even stand and is just lying there, breaking our hearts. She has had some water on her own but not much. How can we help her?
Take her back to the vet! This is not normal. If your vet is not open on weekends then find an ER vet office that is but take her in as soon as possible. I wouldn't wait till Monday. If she continues like this she won't make it till Monday. Please, take her in today! And then come back and let us know how she is, please. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your puppy.
We took her to the vet. Apparently, the pet shop owner did not innoculate or give any booster shot to the mother, and the poor little pup suffered the consequences as it was not covered. It already had provirus, which hit it badly once we got her vaccinated. She did not make it. We are devastated.
I am so sorry to hear your puppy didn't make it. :( My prayers are with you. God bless you and I hope your heart can find room for another pet soon. *Hugs*
April
Oh I am so sorry about what happened to your pup.
I am also angry that these pet shop people/dog breeders/etc don't keep their act together!! Who the heck do they think they are?

It is very sad. That little pup had your love and care though, even if for a short time. God bless you.
Dear April2 and ginger899,
We had a much-adored dog for 14 years, and when she passed away in September this year, we realized we could not live without one. We were on a look out and responded to an ad placed by this pet shop. Although the little retriever puppy was with us for only 4 days, 2 of those were so extremely happy in her company that we will always cherish the memory.
Regards, chumchum
I am very sorry about what happened. It's very sad, but that pup in its so short life did know your love....and maybe it's the quality...not the quantity that counts.
I think sometimes these lovely little Souls that come to us for such a short time are there to show us something. Some little light in the darkness....I don't know.

Another dog will come to you, because your heart is open. Give it time. When my last dog died, I didn't want to get another dog. It was 2 years before I met my dog I have now. But the wait was well worth it.