Lump centre of upper eyelid
My dog has a little lump on the inner eyelid, that hasn't changed in about 1 year and doesn't seem to affect him at all. But in the last month he has developed a lump on the outer edge of the eyelid that is slowly getting bigger. I have signed him up for pet insurance, but I still have a couple of weeks before I can take him to the vet and make a claim. Can anyone enlighten me on what the lump might be?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum....The small bump can be either a cyst, clogged oil gland, Stye or a Meibomian Gland growth.......Usually, these growths are benign & slow growing....However, from the placement of your dog's, it needs to be removed as it appears to be rubbing against the cornea......With each blink, the lens is being scratched & setting up for a high chance of infection and damage to the eye........

The newer, larger, protrusion on the eye appears to be an infection starting...This is either associated with the first growth or something completely unrelated....I suspect that it IS associated with the first growth and now a infection has started....These are alot like boils or can begin with an inflamed eyelash......All of the above can be treated pretty simply......He needs to see his Vet when you can.........Karla
Thanks Karla for your prompt reply. I had some conjunctivitis eye cream ( I know you're not supposed to use human ointments) but because it was outside the eye I put it on the large lump on the eyelid and after a week it has gone! As you have suggested I will get the small lump removed when I go to the vet in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for your informative reply.
my dog has similar, my dog passed it on to my other dog after having kennel cough or some kind of horrible flue.  My vet looked at the eye and said not to worry, doesn't look serious but i think it is more and doing research, i cannot narrow it down. Along with the eyelid bumps, they both have occasional minor gagging.  I think it is some kind of virus, guess I will have to have blood test?  I have spent $2500 on one of my dogs already, this is depressing and i feel bad that my other dog has it too, it is very depressing.