My dog cannot stand or walk
My dog cannot stand or walk since Tuesday morning, he is an 8 year old terry-poo, last week he was acting like he had a pulled muscle near his left shoulder, went to the vet, had x-rays, blood work, but nothing showed up.  They suggested a neuroligist but they are not available near our town.  
The vet kept him yesterday for the full day and gave him steroid medication every 3 hours but still no improment.  He is home now and I am giving him steroid pills 2 per day and he is also on antibiotics, his white blood count was low and the vet said he either had possible infection or a tumor.  Vet suggested maybe he had a stroke.  Should I encourage my dog to stand and walk, should I be trying something else?

Help
I do not have the answer or advice...But, welcome to the site,,,,great people here, keep checking in....sooner or later,,,,you will get responses w/advice/suggestions/etc...
Also, here is a vet named Dr. Cheng,,,,go type another posted comment in the doctor forum for dogs and see what the response is there too....
I would keep dog just quiet, comfortable until you know forsure whats happening???
I agree to let him rest, and have the vet run more tests...how did you leave it off with the ver?  Did he say when to come back?  

I hope all works out well with your pooch...it is so heartbreaking to see them sick.
If you think your "boy" won't be too stressed out by having more tests the IMHO have them done.  There could be any number of things that are causing this - from canine MS to a stroke - a mild stroke.  If it was a stroke, he could have physiotherapy.

Is it possible it could be arthritis?  Did he have X rays?  Arthritis can be treated and controlled (our Akita has it).

The only person who can determine this is a vet.

Have you tried asking Dr. Cheng on this website?  I've heard she is quite good.

I have seen dogs of all sizes who can't walk but are otherwise fine being put in what looks like a baby carriage but is meant for dogs.  I've seen everything from a rottie to a little Yorkie in these carriages so they can get around.

It depends on what your dog's problem is.  I hope the little guy is feeling better and it sounds like you are doing everything you can for him.

Let us all know how he is doing.

wolf