Dogs Community
Please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Please help

My dog usually have a great appetite for the last two days he has not eaten anything and seems very week on his legs. My dog is quite old he is 14 he is a black lab but until two days ago he has been fine his normal energetic self he is drinking water but he has started to breath heavy. Please help me is there anything you recommend I am planning on taking him to the vets on Monday but is there anything I can do before then. And answers grateful. Thanks.
I don't, obviously know for certain what might be troubling him, but it is possible he has a heart condition. If so, there could be fluid build-up in his lungs (causing the heavy breathing) and possibly abdomen too (which may account for his not wanting to eat)
If I were you I would take him now to a vet. There has to be someone who has a number you can call for emergencies, or take him to an ER vet.
If it is lung congestion caused by a heart problem, they may give him a diuretic which may help his breathing.
Pain also can cause a dog not to want to eat.
I think he needs attention now. By all means take him to your regular vet when they open Monday. But he sounds as if he is in some distress, and the ER vet may be able to give him some medication to help right now.
my shitzumix has not been eating for the past 2-3 weeks. have taken him to vet almost everyday. the began i.v so that he would have some nourishment. what does it sound like to you. please help. we have tried everthing. they even took chest x-rays and lungs were clear. he initially came down with a bad case of kennel cough when we boarded him there, that seemed to clear up a few days ago but now he won,t eat.we are thinking of taking him to the hosp. and having an ultra-sound done.