Dogs Community
Sanus-Biotex?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Sanus-Biotex?

I have a 7 year old German Shepherd.  She is showing signs of degenerative myelopathy.  I have sifted through the internet to find ways to treat this supposedly "incurable" disorder.  Some of my findings have produced a product called Sanus Biotex.  When typing this in to Google I get a bunch of the same 2 page long descriptions.  There is a place to purchase this product but it looks like a scam site
http://www.degenerative-myelopathy.com/programs/

Has anyone used this product?
Has it been proven to be beneficial to German Shepherds?
If this is such a good product, why aren't there legitimate websites encouraging dog owners to try it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading
My german shepard mixed dog has degenerative mylopathy and I really wanted the Sanus biotex product to work. My vet was skeptical but I was hopeful. My dog has just finished a full treatment course of 6 weeks and I'm sorry to say she has progressed and now can barely get up. This product did not help improve or even maintain her status.
FYI the ingredients are lecithin, vit cginko biloboa, grape seed oil, milk thistle , pine, fish oil and b complex. I

I do feel this is a waste of money preying on people who are desperate to help their poor dogs.

We are ordering a wheelchair today.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news about this  
my german shepard started to show sign of DM in June 2011.  My vet said there was no cure.  I found sanus biotex, and it is now March 2013, and he is still maintaining very well.. When the vet told us in 2011 that Hammer would not be able to get up and around within 3 to 4 months, I figured I had nothing to lose.  Hammer is still doing ok almost 2 years later.  I am very thankful to Nick at sanus biotex and his crew.  cheri wolcott  markham Illinois
Who are you kidding?   I should have known by their lack of customer service that this was a scam operating out of a private home. I bought their product and fed it to my dog, 3 days later she was throwing up all nite and died in the morning. I have contacted them several times since then and still they have not replied. I am trying to get the word out about these people on every forum I can find. STAY AWAY FROM THESE MURDERERS!!!
That is absolutely impossible...I'm a vet and have recommended Sanus Biotex multiple times to people. I've seen some dogs with DM really improve with it. I know a few other vets who also recommend it and are very happy with the results as well. There is nothing harmful in it to begin with that would cause your dog problems.

Dr. Patrick

Dr. Patrick
I have no knowledge of this product, Sanus Biotex, and no experience with degenerative myelopathy in dogs.

I do know a little about herbs and supplements, their benefits, and whether they are safe to use for dogs.

All the ingredients of this product seem safe for dogs (if used in safe dosage amounts, and not overdosed)
....with the exception of ONE ingredient which concerns me. And that is PINE.
This may be toxic to dogs, and other animals. In the past, my dog sometimes played retrieving pine sticks (I didn't know his then!) and she did not suffer any ill-effects. But according to the Pet Poison Helpline -Pine oil is toxic:

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/pine-oil/