Dogs Community
Sick 10 year old beagle

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Sick 10 year old beagle

I have a 10 year old beagle who has recently become ill and I am very concerned. She has been very lethargic, loss of appetite and walks slowly. These symptoms presented themselves over a week ago and then went away, but now they have reappeared. She hasn't been injured and is the only pet we have. She is an inside pet that spends the majority of her day in a crate whil we are at work. We have a spot on the sofa for her and yesterday she was unable to jump up onto the sofa, so I made a bed on the floor for her. I haven't had her to the vet and to be honest, my family really can't afford to take her to one. If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it and your time. Thank you!
Tags: beagle
Hello Valerie......More than likely, this is old age Arthritis as the weather becomes cooler.....Just the same for humans.....

Yes, a Vet visit is in order as they can prescribe the correct anti-inflammatories.....DO NOT to attempt to treat this w/OTC products......Ibuprofen is TOXIC to dogs & one dose of Aspirin can cause a Gastric bleed.....It is not worth the risk!

Try to save up some money (Or borrow some if possible) to have your dog treated......Karla
I will get her to the Vet as soon as I can. Thank you for your advise.
Your Welcome.....Please, let us know how she's doing....The meds. from the Vet work wonders......They also SHOULD prescribe her a Joint supplement to continue for life.......Once the supplement gets into their system (6 or so  weeks), usually the pain meds can be decreased considerably..... Take care, Karla